Woohoo – 2 days in a row.
Tree Trimmings first caught my eye because of the super low price. After my first glance, I wasn’t too sure about how much could be done with it. I find bold image sets the most challenging to use, however they are usually perfect to use with Sketch Challenges. The easiest way to do this is to find a sketch layout which has similar sizing to the set you’d like to use. For this card I used Beate’s weekend sketch challenge from last week.
- The card base is Riding Hood Red cardstock. I love this colour!
- The next layer is a piece of Whisper White cardstock. On top of that is a piece of Bella Rose designer series paper.
- Another strip of Bella Rose designer series paper is layered on top of some Chocolate Chip cardstock. I’ve used my Eyelet border punch to create some detail on this.
- A piece of Whisper White taffeta ribbon is tied around the red layer.
- On the main image layer I’ve stamped the swirl from Baroque Motifs in Kiwi Kiss ink. The ornaments from Tree Trimmings were stamped in Riding Hood Red ink and cut out. Popping them up on dimensionals creates a 3d appearance.
- The ‘Merry Christmas’ greeting is from the Christmas Classics stamp set. I’ve paper pierced underneath it and layered it onto a Kiwi Kiss scalloped oval.
- Finally, in the top right corner of the card I’ve added 2 red brads for some extra detail.