I’ve been meaning to get around to completing Keesh’s Sketch Challenge #12 since Saturday. Today is the perfect day for stamping – it’s so cold and windy outside, that inside with the heater on is the only sane place to be.
Here is the sketch challenge image:
Now, I don’t own any tools to cut ovals and a freehand oval is just not that attractive! So, I’ve used one of the stamps from Gallery as my focal image. Here’s my card:
- My card base is Baja Breeze (I am quite convinced that it is the new Cool Caribbean 🙂 )
- A piece of Parisian Breeze Specialty Designer Paper was added. The flowers are just gorgeous.
- I used my Scallop Edge Punch on a piece of Chocolate Chip cardstock.
- Since I didn’t have any of the ribbon I wanted to use on my card (1″ Baja Stitched), I cut a 1″ piece of Baja Breeze and added faux stitching with my White Gel Pen.
- White Taffeta Ribbon was tied around this layer.
- My focal image is one of the frames from the Gallery stamp set in the Spring mini catalogue. I stamped it in Chocolate Chip ink on Whisper White paper, and cut it out. I then adhered this to some Chocolate Chip cardstock, and cut around the layers.
- The word ‘thanks’ from Thank You Kindly is stamped in Baja Breeze ink. I used my Stamp a ma Jig for perfect placement.
- I have added some Felt Fusion Too flowers as an accent. In the centre of the flowers is a 5/16″ Chocolate Chip brad (from the Spring Mini). Two of these brads are also used on the bottom of the card as an accent.