I made this card over the weekend, and I’ve finally got around to showing you two days later!
I’ve used the sketch below from Amy Rysavy’s Prairie Paper and Ink blog:
- The card base is Sahara Sand cardstock.
- The next layer is a piece of Bashful Blue cardstock, on top of that is a piece of Washington Apple Designer Series Paper. I’ve paper pierced around the edges using my Mat Pack.
- The vertical strip is also a piece of Washington Apple Designer Series Paper, layered onto Bashful Blue and some Riding Hood Red punched with the Scallop Edge Punch. I’ve also paper pierced around the edges of that.
- A piece of Riding Hood Red Taffeta Ribbon is tied around the vertical layer. The bow tied in the ribbon adds to the ‘present’ effect.
- The main image layer is based on some cards Marelle Taylor showed on her blog some time ago. I have stamped the cupcakes from Party Hearty twice, cutting out the icing on one of the images and then adding dimensionals to it. The cupcakes have been stamped in Bashful Blue, So Saffron and Riding Hood Red inks.
- The main image is layered onto Bashful Blue and Riding Hood Red cardstock. Once again, I’ve paper pierced around the edges for a unified appearance.