- What a week! It started with winning Keesh’s Colour Inspiration, then the famous Beate leaving a comment on my little blog, a change in V Australia’s flight schedule means we HAVE to go to Disneyland a day earlier than planned (what a shame 🙂 ) and then I heard the new Bon Jovi single this morning. And to top it off, it’s actually a nice sunny day here – might even get out in the vegie garden later.
Anyway, back to the business of cardmaking. The fabulous Mojo Monday turns 100 this week, and is celebrating with a week of sketches. I’ve used Tuesday’s sketch, by Maria, to create a baby card that mum asked me to make. I’ve made it blue, so I sure hope that the baby is a boy!!! Here’s the sketch:
Here’s my card using the sketch:
- My card base is a piece of Kraft cardsotck. It’s the perfect neutral, goes with everything!
- I have used two different pieces of Parisian Breeze Designer Series Paper. The blue piece is layered onto Whisper White cardstock and paper pierced using my trusty Mat Pack.
- A piece of Baja Breeze has been punched with the Scallop Edge Punch.
- I dug out Build A Roo for this card (that makes 5 cards for my DD’s challenge!). I’ve stamped Roo and Baby Roo onto Watercolour Paper in Black Stazon Ink. I then watercoloured using Stampin’ Write Markers and my Aquapainters.
- The Roo is layered onto a piece of Chocolate Chip cardstock and I’ve used a Baja Breeze Corduroy Button as an accent.
- The ribbon is Chocolate Chip Satin and is from last year’s Spring Mini Catalogue. The lesson here is that if there is something you love in a mini, grab it while it’s available. The satin ribbon was the perfect accent for this card, even worth opening my last roll of it!