I came across this colour combination while browsing Splitcoaststampers the other day (just for a change 🙂 )
Colour Challenge 230 was to use Close to Cocoa, Blush Blossom, Certainly Celery, Cameo Coral and Whisper White. I teamed it up with my current fave stamp set – Great Friend. I just LOVE that butterfly!
- My card base is Close to Cocoa card stock. The next layer is Very Vanilla (I didn’t look at the challenge too closely, did I?).
- I’ve used a piece of Cameo Coral designer series paper from the beautiful Raspberry Tart collection for the lower portion of my card.
- A strip of Blush Blossom cardstock punched with the Scallop Edge punch adds some detail. On top of that piece I’ve used some 5/8″ Certainly Celery ribbon.
- The swirly frame from the Gallery stamp set is stamped in Chocolate chip ink and cut out.
- I stamped the branch from Great Friend in Certainly Celery ink onto the frame for a subtle background.
- The two butterflies are stamped in Blush Blossom and Cameo Coral respectively. The blush butterfly has some coral sponged around the edges to help it stand out a little more.
- Since this card is for an 8 year old girl, the butterflies needed some sparkle! Using my 2 way glue pen, I added Dazzling Diamonds glitter to them.
- Two Certainly Celery brads were added to the top right corner of the card for an added touch.
- The greeting is from On Your Birthday and has been stamped in Chocolate chip ink, onto Blush Blossom cardstock.
Here’s the stamp set images for Great Friend. At just $31.95, this is one VERY versatile stamp set.